A new year has bestowed its gifts upon us once again and granted us the ability to begin anew so to speak if we so choose. A new year’s resolution list should always consider ways to improve our health care including our oral health care.
If you are not up to date on your oral health care habits, make it a resolution to include brushing, flossing, and mouthwash in your list of daily services to improve your health. Here are some advantages to each:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. Michael O'Neill, stop by Wildwood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry at our office in Toledo, Ohio to book an appointment, or call us at (419) 536-9196. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!